Start of open beta-test of cloud service in version 0.7.1 beta 4
We released KIT Scenarist version 0.7.1 beta 4. It includes the ability to check and install application updates.
Also, we fixed a couple of shortcomings:
• improved algorithm for determining the scenes when importing *.docx-files;
• fixed a problem with the appearance of broken review comment when deleting text;
• we prepared rpm-packages for Linux.
In addition, today we are launching an open test of the cloud service. Anyone who previously registered in the cloud, you will need to change the password. For those who don't have an account, you can create a new one (it can be done directly in the program). Free access to work with the cloud will be open until May 1, 2017. On April 1, 2017, we will plan to transfer cloud service in production mode.
Read more about the cloud service:
• it allows you to store your projects in the cloud and access them directly from the program on all computers without work with any third-party service (in the future projects from the cloud can also be synced to and from the mobile version of the program);
• to projects in the cloud, you can connect the co-authors or editors, for this purposes we prepared two roles for partners: commentator and editor, with appropriate restrictions for editing text or without them;
• you can work with cloud projects both online and offline, all the changes you have made in the absence of the Internet will be synchronized when you reconnect to the Internet;
• in the cloud you have 2 GB of disk space to store own projects;
• when cloud service will work stable, access to it will operate on a subscription. Projects will be deleted from the cloud if you have not activated the subscription within 30 days from the date of its completion. During this time, (and indeed at any time), you can save a local copy of every project from the cloud.
And finally, an introductory video on how to work with the cloud service in the program:
Enjoy watching and have a nice day!:)
Published: 5 March 2017