KIT scenarist 0.7.2 beta 3 published!
Guys, hello everyone!
This day has come and today we publish the next update of KIT Scenarist 0.7.2 beta 3! Most of the improvements of this version concerned the script editor, import, export, and several bug fixes. So, what awaits us in the new version:
• added zen mode for working with script text (full-screen mode without panels and with the possibility of turning on the sounds of a typewriter). You can turn it on by pressing the fullscreen activation button on the toolbar or the F5 key. If you want to use fullscreen mode with panels as before, you can disable zen mode in the settings (Settings - Script Editor - Common - Hide all panels in fullscreen mode);
• added the possibility of automatic text corrections while writing text (Settings - Script editor - Editing - Automatically continue dialogues and Automatically corrections on page breaks);
• added the ability to apply text formatting to the script (bold / italic / underline) using standard keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl+B, Ctrl+I, Ctrl+U [for Mac OS X Cmd+B, Cmd+I, Cmd+U]) and via context menu (options are only available when there is a selected text);
• improved import and export of the formats DOCX, FDX and fountain including formatting options;
• scene numbers when exporting in PDF format are now displayed on the side of the text (as well as in the editor itself);
• now when exporting the script in DOCX for Hebrew, the correct direction of the text for the document is set;
• fixed the problem with importing DOCX-files after their modification in Apple Pages;
• fixed the problem of importing scripts in the fountain format when reading multiple blocks of consecutive dialogues;
• fixed the problem with exporting scenes description to the fountain format;
• fixed the problem with the incorrect color selection of the text in scene heading blocks when exporting to PDF and DOCX;
• fixed the problem with updating the scene counter after import;
• fixed the problem with updating the timing and counters of pages/words/characters when deleting scenes from the navigator;
• the way of turning on/off additional panels in the navigator has been slightly changed - all buttons of additional panels are now replaced by one with a drop-down list to select which panel you want to show or hide;
• there is a button added to the scene description panel that allows inserting the description of the scene into the text of the script in one click;
• added a panel of script dictionaries (places, times, transitions, etc.);
• added a lyrics block type;
• fixed the problem of applying the block style in the case when several blocks are selected at the same time;
• fixed the problem when you first turned on the spelling checker after installing the application all text was underlined in red, although the spelling dictionary was successfully loaded;
• the option of highlighting the current line and the option of highlighting the blocks of scenes are now separated into two independent settings (Settings - Script Editor - Common - Highlight blocks and Highlight current line);
• added the option to display the dialogues numbers for the script editor (Settings - Script Editor - Common - Show dialogues numbers) and for export (additional parameters of the export dialog);
• fixed crash when renaming a cloud project;
• for research elements, tooltips have been added to duplicate their names (for cases when the name does not fit into the available area);
• fixed a bug with exporting character descriptions;
• fixed a bug with the cursor jumping to the beginning of the character description when it changes;
• fixed the problem of impossibility to save the card, if no name is given;
• when creating a new script template, you can now set the base template whose parameters will inherit the template being created;
• fixed the problem with editing user templates;
• improved Windows Installer. Now it will remember the installation path if you did not use the standard installation, and after installation, it will be possible to run the application right away;
• portable version for Windows added to the download page;
• fixed the problem with truncating accents of capital letters for Courier Prime font in Windows.
Attention, friends! What I wrote above - it's certainly very cool, but! the classic genre of software development is that a large number of improvements often leads to the emergence of new errors. It's certainly not about us ... but I warned :) Please be careful when working with the current beta. If you find any errors, please immediately report, we will correct them!
Next, I plan to return to the mobile version. I know that many wishes have accumulated, we will gradually implement everything. After updating the mobile version, the module of the statistics will be updated according to the plan, plus finally it will be possible to manually restore the script from the backup file, and, I think, the ability to work with the history of changes will be implemented: saving script versions, comparing them and viewing the productivity graph of authors working on the project.
On this I finished, I wish all a fruitful year and find your own zen in writing scripts!;)
Published: 7 January 2018