We have a sudden update! :)
In the last beta there was one very unpleasant problem, so I decided to release a small update that closes this and a couple of old problems:
- fixed the problem with editing cards, when the description was missing, or the card was painted with a black background;
- fixed crash when inserting a scene in the character block;
- improved the work of cloud service.
Here is a mini update we have today. And I wish everyone a sunny Sunday! :)
For a long time, we did not have new versions, so it's time to get ready!
Unfortunately, version 0.7.2 beta 9 did not include everything that I wanted, for example, double dialogues did not distribute into update... The reason is that this is a rather complicated functional, on which I honestly say, was buried. Realizing that for more than two weeks I have been doing this and I'm not even in the middle of the road, I decided that we need to review the plan and adjust the route. In any case, this functionality will be in the program, not in this, either in one of the future versions.
From the new it turns out that we have only one major addition - it is possible to create versions of the script and compare them.
It works as follows - when you start the project, the program thinks that you started the first version of the script. When you have finished it, in the menu you will find the item "Start new version", by clicking which, you can specify the color of the new version (in the future we plan to make automatic revisions of all versions based on these colors) and set its name. That's all. Now you are already working on the next version. Then, again and again, you can create as many versions as you need.
After you have accumulated several versions and you want to compare them, you can follow to the tools module, select a tool with the appropriate name and compare the desired versions of the script. In this case, new pieces of text will be highlighted in green, deleted in red, and for the changed pieces, two blocks will be displayed one with the old text, and the second with the new one.
Plus, the way to fill out the cards has been changed. Now in edit mode for each card, you can see both its title and the heading of the scene.
Plus, we have some bug fixes:
- fixed the problem with the freezing of the program, when the block highlighting tuned on;
- fixed the problem with adding cards without a title, but with a description;
- fixed the problem with updating the card description, which in some cases was not deleted;
- fixed the problem with resetting the currently active cell in the mental map editor;
- improved the work of spelling dictionaries;
- changed behavior of the appearance of a side panel with formats in the Zen mode - now it appears, when you move the cursor to the edge of the screen;
- fixed the problem with keeping transparent background for png-images in the gallery;
- when creating a project in a non-existent folder, the program will try to create it automatically;
- when exporting to FDX format, the title page is now also saved;
- fixed the problem with running the program in newer versions of Linux distributions;
- translations of the program into Italian and Azerbaijani languages were added;
- minor improvements to the interface (update information is removed from the program menu, some panels are re-arranged).
Such things guys. I hope future versions will not force themselves to wait so long! ;)
Guys, hello! And at us the first independent review of the program in Russian! Bulat Sabitov made and published his review. Thank you, Bulat! I would have titled this video like: "KIT Scenarist - director's view of working with the program" :)
If you also want to share your experience with the program, talk about the tricks of working with scripts in it, and at least just make a review of the main features, we will be happy to share your review on our resources!
Hey, guys! I seem to be back!
After the last message there were many questions about what it was and how it will work - I do not want to disclose all the cards yet, I will only say that it will be an opportunity to fix the versions of the script and at least compare the versions and roll back to the previous one if necessary. But, I hope this is not all that will be associated with the versioning :)
By and large, I only have to finish the last two possibilities for beta 9 - it's versioning and double dialogues, it's not easy to get this frontier, but I'm sure that it will be taken. After that, there will be a hard bugfix party. Already a lot of error reports have accumulated and it's very cool! Thank you guys for continuing to water our sprout! It will necessarily grow even higher, it will become even more beautiful and, finally, turn into a tree!
Hey hey! We launch pre-order for new T-shirts!
Write in any convenient way what color and size of the t-shirt suit you, and where to send your favorite shirts! Next week we will launch T-shirts in print and after another week they will start to hug with their new owners!
Meanwhile, the mobile version 1.3.1 is already in the app stores!
It fixed some problems and included the latest new features related to the script parameters:
- the ability to export a script with a watermark is added;
- Added script options in development: start number of scenes, a prefix of scenes;
- fixed the problem of moving the cursor to the middle of large projects;
- fixed the problem with inserting text from the clipboard.
It seems summer, all the same, has come!:)
And it means, it's time to dress up in our branded T-shirts and go on the adventure with the cat Alexander! And that the summer days were even more fun we prepared pairs of T-shirts for you: black + green for only 34 USD! T-shirts can be chosen of any sizes from those that are left in stock.
Make happy your soul mate or best friend! And go in the Summer adventures!