And we have an update of the mobile version - KIT Scenarist 1.3.0! This update included:
- added ability to work with research text documents (Menu - Research). Now you can work with logline, synopsis, description of characters and locations, as well as with text documents. Create, edit and delete new notes and folders;
- the script is now displayed in such a way that the format is adjusted to the available screen width and does not fill over the entire width. Now the scripts will look much more pleasant and familiar;
- the font size is now set in the settings simultaneously for research and script text;
- fixed the problem with exporting the script to PDF on some Android-devices;
- fixed the problem with deleting projects (and other dialog boxes) in iOS;
- fixed the problem with switching the style of the block using the TAB key of the external keyboard on iOS;
- added the check for invalid characters in the project name when creating it;
- the quality of the icons has been significantly improved (now they will not look soapy on devices with a high screen resolution).
The update has already flown to application stores and will be available on Android within the next couple of hours, and on iOS within the next couple of days :)
Guys, hello everyone!
What do you think, in what program was written the most box-office film of Russia's limited hire in 2017!? Yes Yes! It was in KIT Scenarist! The script of the film "From Ufa with Love" was written in our app!!!
Scriptwriter Aydar Akmanov says: "The script of the film was written in KIT Scenarist in 2016. For me, as a writer, working with your program was a complete pleasure, now everyone with whom I work, somehow use this program :)) A little about the film - the picture was shot for a grant from the Head of the Republic of Bashkortostan, the production of the studio "Askarfilm", the film studio "Bashkortostan", the Sverdlovsk film studio, the total budget - 5 million rubles, the film was directed by Ainur Askarov, script Aidar Akmanov, cameraman Timur Ganeev. Film took part in the special program of the 39th Moscow International Film Festival, received the prize "For the best script of the feature film" of the 26th Kinoshock Festival (2017), I. Shilova's film prize "For Great Spectator Potential" of the Kinoshock Festival (2017), the Professional Prize " Blockbuster - 2017 "in the category" The highest grossing film of limited rentals 2017 ".
When Aidar wrote to me about this, I was just dumbfounded by the news! :)
And now, while Aidar and Ainur are working on the next project, let's remember how it was in 2017! :)
And we here made an adaptive template for displaying the script into mobile version! Now, regardless of the size of the screen, the script will look cute and will no longer be too wide (on the screenshot an example of how it will look on the iPad in the horizontal orientation of the device)!
We plan to release an update of the mobile version at the end of this week, or at the beginning of the next. We will gradually increase the power of the application, and the next big step will be adding a cards module.
And with the release of the new version, the cost of the mobile application will be increased. So, if you have not bought the application yet, you can make it at the best price now, or wait for the next increase when we add the cards to the mobile version :)
Maria arrived in Moscow and go with cat Alexander to the talk show! :)
Do you go out with your cat screenwriter? If so, send your stories and photos about the #catalexandersadventures! And then, when we release a new T-shirt with Alex, we'll draw the first copy again among all the storytellers of his incredible adventures! :)
And if you do not yet have your own cat Alexander, you can find it here.
For a long time we did not have cartoons in our #filmedbyusersscreenplays and here it is! Galsan Nanzatov sent us a cartoon created according to his script, which was written based on Buryat folk tales. The cartoon in the Buryat language, but there are Russian and English subtitles.
Today we have the next update - KIT Scenarist 0.7.2 beta 7. This is not the last beta, as I would like ... Unfortunately, in the last couple of months there was very little free time, so the beta did not include all the features that I wanted to add, but nevertheless, we have something new:
Added the ability to restore the script from a backup! You can do it through the new "Tools" tab. For this you need:
- open a project whose text is missing or damaged;
- go to the "Tools" tab and choose from the list of available tools "Restore from Backup" (this is the only one tool yet, but in the future, this list will be grown);
- after that, a list of backup copies of the project available for recovery in the view "Backup date [backup size]" will appear. The size of the backup can help to see the border of the event when part of the text or the entire text has been deleted;
- select the appropriate backup from the list and click the restore button in the toolbar at the top;
- after that, you can return to work with the restored text of the script.
Also in this update were added bookmarks. You can add or remove a bookmark via the context menu in any paragraph of the text, and open the bookmarks browser through the menu for activating additional panels in the navigator.
In addition, the following improvements were made:
- now when exporting to PDF, you can add watermarks to the document;
- improved automatic text corrections in the continuation of dialogues;
- now in the entire application used icons of a single style;
- fixed the problem of importing the project title, title page and real names of characters from kitsp-files;
- fixed the problem of saving images in the cloud;
- the script import from DOCX-files is slightly improved;
- now, if the automatic installation of the update cannot be performed, the program will offer a link for manually downloading the update file;
- fixed the problem with dropping scene numbers when importing from fountain files;
- fixed the problem of working with multi-line editorial notes;
- translations of the program into Turkish and Hungarian are added.
Have a nice day!