Hello! We are launching crowdfunding in March.
If in short, then technically, at the moment, we reached on the ceiling of development with the architecture that was chosen 6 years ago. I did not think then that the project would grow so much, and although the functional growth through which the program went through during this time surprised me myself, I have to state that further development is difficult. And currently, we need to go down to the roots to redesign the architecture of the entire application, taking into account the experience past years and future perspectives.
Such global changes require significant efforts and continuing to deal with it only in spare time or in the evenings, we'll have to wait 2-3 years to release the next version. I think that very few people will like this way, which is why I want to suggest that you speed it up. The collected funds will allow me to engage in full time in the project, which should reduce development time by at least five times.
What will you get?
In the new version of the program, we will move to the distribution model called Delayed Open Source with the release of major updates once every 100 days. In essence, this means that now there will be two versions of the application: paid which will include all the latest developments and free, which will functionally lag behind the paid version for about 100 days. If we look at an example, when version 0.8.1 is released, version 0.8.0 will become free and its source code will be opened. So, bakers will actually acquire the possibility of using a version that includes the latest improvements, plus of course we will add some unique lots.
What are our plans?
With the help of crowdfunding, we plan to attract at least 1 million rubles (~$16K). These funds will be enough for 5 months of work required for the improvement of the architecture and the release of the first update based on it. This update will be a version 0.8.0 and it will include the long-awaited opportunity to work with multi-series projects. Next, it will be functionality for showrunners, the ability to set goals, free positioning for cards, the timeline and much more. This is in short, more details about plans will be described in a fundraising company.
The crowdfunding company will start on March 19, 2019. In the meantime, we need to properly prepare for it!
Well, are you with us? Let's rock it! :)
We have a small update KIT Scenarist 0.7.2 release candidate 5, which included a couple of fixes:
- fixed a problem with the fall of the program when adding links in the research module;
- slightly improved copying of the script text to the clipboard (text written in capital letters in the program will now be copied and pasted into other editors also in the form of capital letters).
And here is the first update in 2019! KIT Scenarist version 0.7.2 rc4 included the following improvements:
- added support for high-resolution screen systems (4K);
- fixed problem with synchronization of projects through the cloud, when co-authors simultaneously edit the same paragraph of text;
- fixed a problem with the display of the stamp in the cards;
- fixed a problem with loading the state of a document with locked scene numbers;
- added German spelling dictionary.
Have a nice day, friends!
KIT Scenarist version 0.7.2 rc3 is coming!
This update included mainly bug fixes and minor improvements:
- fixed crash in some cases when spelling is turned on;
- fixed a problem with doubling (CONT'D) in the character blocks when automatic fixes on page breaks turn on;
- when exporting to the fountain, between the two blocks of the action, an empty line will now be added;
- the option to correct text on page breaks in the export is now enabled by default;
- expanded the intervals of valid values for the numerical parameters of the templates;
- fixed the problem with freezing the program when replacing words with others, within which there is a search word (for example, "space" -> "workspace");
- fixed a problem with the export of the outline;
- fixed the problem with removing unnecessary characters when deleting a scene from the navigator;
- fixed the crash of the application when updating in Mac OS X;
- fixed the problem with moving the cursor when pressing the left/right buttons on the keyboard for languages with writing from right to left;
- fixed problem with chronometry calculating when deleting empty lines;
- improved script text correction on page breaks;
- fixed the problem with adding characters with empty names;
- the text of the export button in the export dialog is now replaced by the text "Rewrite", if the file already exists, in order to more clearly indicate the fact of rewriting;
- fixed issue with missing comments;
- fixed a problem with exit from Zen mode by pressing F5, at the moment when the auxiliary panel is hidden;
- fixed a problem with the fall of the program, when trying to restore from a backup in some cases;
- fixed a problem with the fall of the program during the print preview.
I think this will be the latest update for version 0.7.2 unless of course there are any very critical issues. And then we proceed to the development of the next version.
Finally, it happened! The mobile version now also has a card module! Dreams of lounging in bed and work with the cards now become a reality! :)
A few words about how to work with cards in the mobile version:
1. the cards themselves are located in a separate menu item, which is called "Cards"
2. to move the card to another place, you need to use a long touch. You clamp the card, and when it is ready for dragging, it rises from the board
3. editing of the card is based on the same principle - you need to capture the card, after which it will become active and can be edited using a special button in the top bar
4. the size of the cards, the distance between them, their geometry and the need to use the corkboard background can be set in the application settings. There appeared a separate section for setting up cards.
And of course, with the release of this update, we, as promised, will raise the price of the mobile application.
You can get your copy of the iOS mobile app here - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kit-scenarist-screenplay-editor/id1268390257?l=en&ls=1&mt=8 and here for Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pro.dimkanovikov.kit.scenarist
I wish you all a good day, guys!
And we got the next update of the mobile version of the application. KIT Scenarist for Mobile 1.3.4 already in the app stores!
The update includes the following improvements:
- improved program performance when working with script text;
- fixed problem with drawing the cursor;
- improved export of documents to PDF and DOCX;
- improved import and export in the fountain format;
- improved saving of review marks in the script editor;
- fixed problem with disappearing review marks;
- fixed problems with project synchronization in some cases.
You can get your copy of the mobile application for Android in the Google Play via the link - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pro.dimkanovikov.kit.scenarist and for iOS - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kit-scenarist-screenplay-editor/id1268390257?l=en&ls=1&mt=
Yes yes, don't worry, we have another one small patch-update with misc improvements:
- fixed problem with displaying the cursor in the documents of the research module in dark theme;
- improved projects saving on application crash;
- cards text automatically change color to be contrasted with a background color.
That's it! :)