Today we have the next update - KIT Scenarist 0.7.2 beta 7. This is not the last beta, as I would like ... Unfortunately, in the last couple of months there was very little free time, so the beta did not include all the features that I wanted to add, but nevertheless, we have something new:
Added the ability to restore the script from a backup! You can do it through the new "Tools" tab. For this you need:
- open a project whose text is missing or damaged;
- go to the "Tools" tab and choose from the list of available tools "Restore from Backup" (this is the only one tool yet, but in the future, this list will be grown);
- after that, a list of backup copies of the project available for recovery in the view "Backup date [backup size]" will appear. The size of the backup can help to see the border of the event when part of the text or the entire text has been deleted;
- select the appropriate backup from the list and click the restore button in the toolbar at the top;
- after that, you can return to work with the restored text of the script.
Also in this update were added bookmarks. You can add or remove a bookmark via the context menu in any paragraph of the text, and open the bookmarks browser through the menu for activating additional panels in the navigator.
In addition, the following improvements were made:
- now when exporting to PDF, you can add watermarks to the document;
- improved automatic text corrections in the continuation of dialogues;
- now in the entire application used icons of a single style;
- fixed the problem of importing the project title, title page and real names of characters from kitsp-files;
- fixed the problem of saving images in the cloud;
- the script import from DOCX-files is slightly improved;
- now, if the automatic installation of the update cannot be performed, the program will offer a link for manually downloading the update file;
- fixed the problem with dropping scene numbers when importing from fountain files;
- fixed the problem of working with multi-line editorial notes;
- translations of the program into Turkish and Hungarian are added.
Have a nice day!
There is not a single replica in this short film, but the script was written in the KIT, as Semyon Mirnov said, and sent a link to the next work for our #filmedbyusersscreenplays news section.
Today, as promised, we will draw lot one black T-shirt among those who have already acquired green one. How was the winner determined? Very simple:
- I wrote out a list of all who bought a T-shirt in order according to the dates of orders;
- after that, I went to the first site with a random number generator (it turned out to be https://randstuff.ru/number/) and generated a random number based on the number of participants;
- made a screenshot and wrote a congratulatory letter.
And here are the results of the drawing!
T-shirt in the coming days will go to Donald Aribam! My congratulations, Donald!:)
And for everyone else, the T-shirt is still available in the gift shop!
So so... What do we have here!?:)
Yes! Black t-shirts came and they are awesome! The second draft was very successful and now they sent to the shelves of our gift shop! Place an order for this t-shirt you can in our gifts shop.
Also, tomorrow we will draw one black T-shirt among those who have already bought a green T-shirt!
We have a new release of #filmedbyusersscreenplays posts series and today's guest Igor Kagramanov with his short film "All in a Box", which has already rolled back all possible festivals including Kinotavr in 2016 as well. Enjoy watching!
Are you already told us about your project? If not, please share it! :)
And here is the next update of the mobile version. It included:
- improved quality of icons;
- implemented the ability to transfer the local project to the cloud;
- added the ability to import projects from Celtx;
- the button "Leave a review" is added to the menu.
The next version 1.3.0 will include features to work with text documents from the research, characters, and locations.
As promised, we released an update of the KIT Scenarist mobile version. Now you can format the text of the script, add, delete and view the list of editorial notes. We checked it on devices with a virtual and with a physical keyboard.
Update already published to app markets and available to download on Android. And on iOS, as usually awaits verification from colleagues from Apple. We hope that by the evening it will be already available for installation.
By the end of March, I want to make another update, which will include various bug fixes and improvements to the current functionality. And by the end of April, according to the plan, will be added the ability to edit logline, synopsis, a list of characters and locations, as well as the ability to work with text notes in the research tree.