Guys, hello everyone!
This day has come and today we publish the next update of KIT Scenarist 0.7.2 beta 3! Most of the improvements of this version concerned the script editor, import, export, and several bug fixes. So, what awaits us in the new version:
• added zen mode for working with script text (full-screen mode without panels and with the possibility of turning on the sounds of a typewriter). You can turn it on by pressing the fullscreen activation button on the toolbar or the F5 key. If you want to use fullscreen mode with panels as before, you can disable zen mode in the settings (Settings - Script Editor - Common - Hide all panels in fullscreen mode);
• added the possibility of automatic text corrections while writing text (Settings - Script editor - Editing - Automatically continue dialogues and Automatically corrections on page breaks);
• added the ability to apply text formatting to the script (bold / italic / underline) using standard keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl+B, Ctrl+I, Ctrl+U [for Mac OS X Cmd+B, Cmd+I, Cmd+U]) and via context menu (options are only available when there is a selected text);
• improved import and export of the formats DOCX, FDX and fountain including formatting options;
• scene numbers when exporting in PDF format are now displayed on the side of the text (as well as in the editor itself);
• now when exporting the script in DOCX for Hebrew, the correct direction of the text for the document is set;
• fixed the problem with importing DOCX-files after their modification in Apple Pages;
• fixed the problem of importing scripts in the fountain format when reading multiple blocks of consecutive dialogues;
• fixed the problem with exporting scenes description to the fountain format;
• fixed the problem with the incorrect color selection of the text in scene heading blocks when exporting to PDF and DOCX;
• fixed the problem with updating the scene counter after import;
• fixed the problem with updating the timing and counters of pages/words/characters when deleting scenes from the navigator;
• the way of turning on/off additional panels in the navigator has been slightly changed - all buttons of additional panels are now replaced by one with a drop-down list to select which panel you want to show or hide;
• there is a button added to the scene description panel that allows inserting the description of the scene into the text of the script in one click;
• added a panel of script dictionaries (places, times, transitions, etc.);
• added a lyrics block type;
• fixed the problem of applying the block style in the case when several blocks are selected at the same time;
• fixed the problem when you first turned on the spelling checker after installing the application all text was underlined in red, although the spelling dictionary was successfully loaded;
• the option of highlighting the current line and the option of highlighting the blocks of scenes are now separated into two independent settings (Settings - Script Editor - Common - Highlight blocks and Highlight current line);
• added the option to display the dialogues numbers for the script editor (Settings - Script Editor - Common - Show dialogues numbers) and for export (additional parameters of the export dialog);
• fixed crash when renaming a cloud project;
• for research elements, tooltips have been added to duplicate their names (for cases when the name does not fit into the available area);
• fixed a bug with exporting character descriptions;
• fixed a bug with the cursor jumping to the beginning of the character description when it changes;
• fixed the problem of impossibility to save the card, if no name is given;
• when creating a new script template, you can now set the base template whose parameters will inherit the template being created;
• fixed the problem with editing user templates;
• improved Windows Installer. Now it will remember the installation path if you did not use the standard installation, and after installation, it will be possible to run the application right away;
• portable version for Windows added to the download page;
• fixed the problem with truncating accents of capital letters for Courier Prime font in Windows.
Attention, friends! What I wrote above - it's certainly very cool, but! the classic genre of software development is that a large number of improvements often leads to the emergence of new errors. It's certainly not about us ... but I warned :) Please be careful when working with the current beta. If you find any errors, please immediately report, we will correct them!
Next, I plan to return to the mobile version. I know that many wishes have accumulated, we will gradually implement everything. After updating the mobile version, the module of the statistics will be updated according to the plan, plus finally it will be possible to manually restore the script from the backup file, and, I think, the ability to work with the history of changes will be implemented: saving script versions, comparing them and viewing the productivity graph of authors working on the project.
On this I finished, I wish all a fruitful year and find your own zen in writing scripts!;)
Sunny greetings to you, guys!:)
We finished the last major new feature, which will be included in the third beta version, but I will not publish the update this year, I'm afraid I will not be able to do it because, in addition to the innovations, there is a decent number of minor fixes and improvements to the app. But the beginning of the next year promises to be exciting!
And at the same time, I would like to congratulate all of you, my dear, on the coming New Year!
I wish you spend more time with your family. So often as possible to see parents, brothers, and sisters. Find time to meet with your friends and just acquaintances. To give each other your smiles and support, in the first place. I wish you to enjoy the work that you do. I wish that every day of your life makes you a little better, and you can make the world a little better. I wish you to look to the future with enthusiasm, with fervor, with the expectation of a miracle ... And it will necessarily happen with you next year!
As for us, the year 2017 was saturated, I think. We have done a lot of things. It was the restart of the cloud service and the moving it to a whole new level in terms of the quality of the work, and the complete reworking of the cards module, released mobile versions for Andorid and iOS (it was not easy), translated the program into many foreign languages (Felipe, Michael, Pedro, Alpamys, Arash, Ricardo, Miroslav, Stepan, Anthony, Ronaldo and Maxim, great respect to you, guys!) and of course we got a talisman, so beloved by all of you, cat Alexander!
From another side, we did not have time to finish all of our plans to 2017 :) But we will definitely do it next year! From the nearest plans - this will be the improvements of the script editor, the ability to work with the history of project changes, improvements of the template library capabilities, improvements of the cards module and work with multi-series projects! Also we will continue to talk about the adventures of the cat Alexander, illustrating them in the pages of our chronicle!:)
I want to express my gratitude to all of you guys. You are our heroes! All, without exception. Without you, there would be no project if then, in 2013, none of you would respond to my message (even scary to think about that!!!) there would not be our application and community around it... So, my respect to all of you for the trust, for patience, for participation, for passion, for criticism, for support, for everything that you do for us, for the project, for me... From the heart, you guys are the best!
This is the last word this year!
And how did you spend this year with KIT Scenarist? Did he help you, or did he interfere more and more? Are you coming with us next year? Let's rock in 2018!?:)
We thought for a long time to make such a funny thing for the new year and come up with it! We decided to release a limited lot (50 pieces) of souvenir T-shirts with Alexander the Cat!:)
Now only printed forms are prepared, so you have time until Tuesday to put yourself a T-shirt with a suitable size. On Wednesday morning they go to print and there will be no more chances to change something (the number of T-shirts or a range of sizes), so hurry!:) and we will still have the opportunity to send you them before the new year!
All details are described on the new page of our site.
I think that many will be happy with this news: at last hands reached the realization of full-screen mode with the ability to turn off all panels. And at the same time, I decided to add one more thing, about which many spoke from the beginning of the project, the mention of it periodically popped up here and there and eventually I decided to surrender and add the possibility of including the sounds of the typewriter in the program :)
Look at how this beauty will look like in the upcoming release:
Did you not expect!? And we are here for the next beta! KIT Scenarist 0.7.2 beta 2 is ready!
It included improvements of the cards module, as well as the correction of a couple of shortcomings from the previous beta:
• added the ability to arrange cards in the columns;
• fixed bug in the appearance of cards/scenes that can not be deleted;
• fixed the problem of knocking down the number of cards;
• fixed the problem of adding 5 or more acts;
• fixed the problem with displaying empty acts after the application restart;
• added check before saving, which look at the amount of available free space on the computer, and, in case of its lack, a warning message will now be displayed that there may be problems with saving.
And also fixed the problems that occurred in the previous version:
• fixed the problem with the cursor jump to the beginning of a text document in development;
• fixed a problem with blinking the scrollbar.
The next beta probably will not be so fast, but it will include the improvements of the script editor module.
But still, see you soon, friends!;)
For a long time we did not have news, and updates even longer :) So, I want to say that the next version of KIT Scenarist 0.7.2 beta 1 is available for download!
The first beta includes bug fixes and improvements to the functionality of the research module, as well as the dialog for initial setting of the application (the dialog will be displayed only after the first application launch).
New features and improvements:
• added dialog for initial setting of the application;
• added the ability to export research documents to a PDF file (Menu - Export - Export research);
• when you import a project from the KITSP file, not only the script text is imported now, but all the research data;
• added the ability to set the default font for the research text documents;
• in text documents, added the ability to reset the text style (additional button on the toolbar of the text editor);
• added the ability to save a mind map to an image file;
• optimized application work with images (now projects with a lot of images will work much faster);
• a power consumption of the program on hybrid video cards in Mac OS X was optimized;
• added the translation of the program into Hebrew with the corresponding adaptation of the interface (now there are several problems with the interface layout from the right-to-left (statistics, settings, cursor), they will be fixed in future versions);
• added spell checking dictionaries for Hebrew and Polish;
• finalization templates for the Final Draft screenplay.
• fixed problem with the program crash when double-clicking on a project from the list of recent ones;
• fixed the problem with updating the name of the current project in the list of recent projects when it is changed;
• fixed the problem with jumps of text cursor when changing the name of the research document;
• fixed a bug in the text editor, with losing text style (bold, italic, underline) after changing the font size;
• another error of mental maps was corrected, which caused the application to crash;
• fixed crash when working with projects with a large number of photos;
• fixed errors in importing scripts from the FDX format.
The next beta will include bug fixes and updates of the cards module.
Once again I want to express my gratitude to you, friends. Thank you for your participation, for reporting errors, suggesting improvements, praising and scolding the program, for telling friends and acquaintances about it, and for joking about it so cute (hello Valery)! This is very important for the project, for its development, and of course, personally for me! Thank you very much!
We have another article with information on how to use the mobile version of the program! In the future update of the mobile version, this help article will be integrated directly into the application.