Today we release KIT Scenarist 0.7.2 beta 6! In it, for the most part, some of the problems of previous versions were fixed and there are practically no major innovations. To be precise, the update includes:
• the application menu has been improved. Now, in addition to the basic actions on projects, a user's personal cabinet located on top;
• the user's avatar is now displayed in the new personal cabinet. Avatars are downloaded from the gravatar.com (if you do not have an avatar in this service, then your avatar will be Alexander the cat);
• the "About the program" dialog has been added;
• added the ability to transfer a local project to the cloud in one click (new button to the right of the project name on the start page);
• added the ability to import scripts from the desktop version of Celtx;
• improved display of the auxiliary panel in the Zen mode - now it will not appear from the slightest touch of the mouse or touchpad;
• in Zen mode, the display of statistical information about the script was added: duration and counters of pages/words/symbols;
• the page duration calculation has been reworked. Now it will be correctly calculated for any template;
• now when you select a block style from the quick formatting panel, the cursor will return to the script editor;
• the method of removing characters in paragraphs has been improved;
• contents of the nonprintable blocks and folder headers/footers are now skipped when counting words and symbols;
• improved interaction with the cloud service and fixed a number of problems when synchronizing projects;
• fixed the problem with blocks margins when exporting the script to DOCX-files for Hebrew;
• fixed the problem with the fall of the program when copying text documents into the research;
• fixed the problem with dialogues numbers on top of the page when exporting to PDF;
• fixed a bug with empty characters names in the reports;
• improved working with the German alphabet;
• fixed a problem with previewing the script after the program was launched.
The next beta will be the last in version 0.7.2 and after it will be released we will freeze the addition of new features and concentrate on improvements of the current functionality of the program.
Well, comrades, today the project is 4 years old! Congratulate everyone! I personally did not notice how fast they have gone, but when I look back, it seems that it's been not 4 years already, but all 10 years...
What about you!? How do you like KIT Scenarist for these four years? Is it spoils your nerves, or saves? :)
Guys, and indeed, tell me please, did you have any funny, touching, and maybe even scary or dramatic stories associated with the program during this time?
Were you waiting for the next episode of the #filmedbyusersscreenplays!? :) Yesterday, I was very busy and completely forgot to publish it... But now I'm ready to fix it! And today our guest is Kirill Yudin, the author of the 20 episodes of the "Morozova" series, which was released in 2017. Kirill says that "no problems happened, nothing was lost, the program worked stably" and it's cool! And here is the trailer for the series, let's look at this!
P.S. Friends and we are waiting for new works filmed by your scripts, please send them to us and let's enjoy together! :)
Hi people! Today we are announcing a super cool draw lot!
Everyone saw yesterday's post about new T-shirts in social networks? :) So, from April 1, 2018 they will be on sale, and on March 23, 2018 we will arrange a draw lot of one black T-shirt among all owners of green T-shirts. So, guys, those who already have our green T-shirt, keep your fists, and who do not have them - do not worry, you still have time to buy a T-shirt until March 22 inclusive!
Go to the store, order a green T-shirt and become the first owner of a black T-shirt with Alexander the cat!
Hi guys! Finally Tuesday and we are ready to post the next work #filmedbyusersscreenplays! And today our guest is Alexander Kibanov and the first series of the web series "Находка".
Alexander says that the guys are doing everything themselves "we are going with friends, acquaintances, who can and who have the desire to participate and quietly films. Now we finished the second series and are already working on it.) Everything is slowly going but it seems like we are still moving)"- exactly as we do !;)
And how are your scripts was filmed? Share your stories and we'll tell about it, too!
Tomorrow, February 20, 2018, on our server will be carried out technical work in the interval from 00:00 to 05:00 Moscow time. There may be temporary interruptions in the synchronization of projects through the cloud service. But this will not affect your work in any way. The program has its own offline copies of projects with which you will safely continue to work, and all changes are synchronized as soon as the server becomes available again!
I wish you a good start to the working week, friends!:)
Salute, my friends! Today is the new post of our #filmedbyusersscreenplays series with "Vera" movie teaser which was filmed by Andrey Gubin's screenplay. The movie will be released soon in 2018, so, we wish them luck!
Are you didn't send information about films shot by your scripts yet? It's time to catch up, guys!:) Please, let us know about your works. It is a great motivation for us to make the app better when we see results of our collaboration and it is awesome!