I think that many will be happy with this news: at last hands reached the realization of full-screen mode with the ability to turn off all panels. And at the same time, I decided to add one more thing, about which many spoke from the beginning of the project, the mention of it periodically popped up here and there and eventually I decided to surrender and add the possibility of including the sounds of the typewriter in the program :)
Look at how this beauty will look like in the upcoming release:
Did you not expect!? And we are here for the next beta! KIT Scenarist 0.7.2 beta 2 is ready!
It included improvements of the cards module, as well as the correction of a couple of shortcomings from the previous beta:
• added the ability to arrange cards in the columns;
• fixed bug in the appearance of cards/scenes that can not be deleted;
• fixed the problem of knocking down the number of cards;
• fixed the problem of adding 5 or more acts;
• fixed the problem with displaying empty acts after the application restart;
• added check before saving, which look at the amount of available free space on the computer, and, in case of its lack, a warning message will now be displayed that there may be problems with saving.
And also fixed the problems that occurred in the previous version:
• fixed the problem with the cursor jump to the beginning of a text document in development;
• fixed a problem with blinking the scrollbar.
The next beta probably will not be so fast, but it will include the improvements of the script editor module.
But still, see you soon, friends!;)
For a long time we did not have news, and updates even longer :) So, I want to say that the next version of KIT Scenarist 0.7.2 beta 1 is available for download!
The first beta includes bug fixes and improvements to the functionality of the research module, as well as the dialog for initial setting of the application (the dialog will be displayed only after the first application launch).
New features and improvements:
• added dialog for initial setting of the application;
• added the ability to export research documents to a PDF file (Menu - Export - Export research);
• when you import a project from the KITSP file, not only the script text is imported now, but all the research data;
• added the ability to set the default font for the research text documents;
• in text documents, added the ability to reset the text style (additional button on the toolbar of the text editor);
• added the ability to save a mind map to an image file;
• optimized application work with images (now projects with a lot of images will work much faster);
• a power consumption of the program on hybrid video cards in Mac OS X was optimized;
• added the translation of the program into Hebrew with the corresponding adaptation of the interface (now there are several problems with the interface layout from the right-to-left (statistics, settings, cursor), they will be fixed in future versions);
• added spell checking dictionaries for Hebrew and Polish;
• finalization templates for the Final Draft screenplay.
• fixed problem with the program crash when double-clicking on a project from the list of recent ones;
• fixed the problem with updating the name of the current project in the list of recent projects when it is changed;
• fixed the problem with jumps of text cursor when changing the name of the research document;
• fixed a bug in the text editor, with losing text style (bold, italic, underline) after changing the font size;
• another error of mental maps was corrected, which caused the application to crash;
• fixed crash when working with projects with a large number of photos;
• fixed errors in importing scripts from the FDX format.
The next beta will include bug fixes and updates of the cards module.
Once again I want to express my gratitude to you, friends. Thank you for your participation, for reporting errors, suggesting improvements, praising and scolding the program, for telling friends and acquaintances about it, and for joking about it so cute (hello Valery)! This is very important for the project, for its development, and of course, personally for me! Thank you very much!
We have another article with information on how to use the mobile version of the program! In the future update of the mobile version, this help article will be integrated directly into the application.
Guys, hello everyone!
And we have a small update of KIT Scenarist 0.7.1 rc10. In him:
• fixed the problem with blinking scene numbers in some cases;
• fixed the problem with spontaneous changes of the editor's notes color;
• fixed the problems of synchronization of script text with editor's notes;
• a script template for the Chinese has been added.
And we have already started work on the first beta version 0.7.2, and interesting long-awaited functions are getting closer and closer! :)
And here is the next update!
• ability to customize the title page of the script (Menu - Title Page);
• ability to undo and redo the last action in script editor;
• a slightly redesigned panel with formats (now all formats placed in one line and you can scroll them horizontally, on a tablet, current style showed with full name);
• added the ability to search the text in the script;
• the list of available settings has been expanded;
• added German, Ukrainian and Spanish translations.
The plan to next version includes the ability to select/copy/paste of script text and review mode features: text highlighting, commenting and comments navigation.