Heeey! Sunny Sunday everyone, friends!
And we have a pre-New Year release - today KIT Scenarist 0.7.2 rc 10 comes out!
And in it:
- fixed the problem of synchronizing cloud projects (and the problem of undoing the last action) when deleting a large block of text;
- the scene creation dialog is slightly expanded (now all explanatory labels will fit);
- fixed the problem with downloading updates on some Mac computers;
- fixed a problem with extra menu items when calling the context menu outside the card;
- the drop-down list with hints for the names of characters and locations will now have twice as many items;
- projects in the folder with backups will now be opened in KIT for reading only, so as not to create a new backup copy and not be confused even more. If you need to continue working with the project from the folder with backup copies, then first of all, you need to copy it to the working folder and then you can work with it in normal mode;
- added the ability to search for text in the synopsis.
So it goes.
Today KIT Scenarist 0.7.2 rc9k update is released!
- the interface for editing the card in the part of the field description has been improved (now it should be a little more clear what is a name, and what is a heading);
- added translation of the program into Galician;
- fixed the problem of renaming cards, which led to the appearance of disorder both in the cards themselves and in the screenplay;
- fixed the problem with the transfer of long titles and endings of folders in the screenplay on page breaks;
- fixed the problem of applying edits from the history of changes, which leads to problems in the cloud service and redo/undo operations;
- improved work of undoing the last action for cutting and pasting data from the clipboard.
And also, our friend, Andrey Alypov, did just the coolest thing - he tuned up the assembly of Linux packages to make everything work well and automate it based on the Open Build Service, so now more packages will be available for different systems and they will work correctly! Hurray and thank you very much!
Well, now you can work more effectively because there are even fewer bugs in the cards! :)
Suddenly, we decided to publish the update KIT Scenarist 0.7.2 rc9j.
And in it:
- fixed the problem of opening projects with a dot character in the project name
- fixed the problem with starting the application in some cases on Windows
- fixed the problem with the application freezing when deleting the script text in some cases
- added the ability to disable suggestions in empty character block
- added Greek translation
- added "ѝ" character to Courier Prime font, so now it fully supports Macedonian and Bulgarian alphabets
Today we have a KIT Scenarist 0.7.2 rc9i update coming out. In addition to small fixes, it includes a couple of small but useful improvements.
You can now use additional colors as tags in cards and filter these cards on the board. You can also set tag text from the context menu when setting up additional colors. An additional button has been added in the toolbar to enable cards filtering.
Few other improvements:
- The title of the card is now displayed in full;
- Fixed the bug that editing the title of the act in the cards has only worked from the second time;
- Fixed the bug with saving user values in the location dictionary;
- Program interaction with cloud service at loss/recovery points has been improved;
- Updated Serbian translation;
- Added Arabic translation and a standard template;
- Fixed the problem with loading spelling dictionaries in Linux version.
That's it! I wish you a creative day, friends!
Huh... a year ago crowdfunding ended! This whole crowdfunding story was a good lesson for me, and despite the fact that it failed miserably, I'm not going to retreat from my goal.
Yesterday I had a very bizarre dream - as if I were in some huge hall. There is a huge hole in the middle of this hall that leads right to the netherworld, where terrible demons are born from stone blocks into the light. Swinging cords with hooks at the ends hang from the ceiling. And a huge number of people around me are as if in some kind of ecstasy and greet demons and jump right on the hooks, sacrificing themselves and saluting the demons. And you know that the strangest thing is that in this whole terrible picture I did not feel fear, instead, I sincerely could not understand why everyone was behaving in such a strange way and just wanted to get away from there quickly, which I did...
And it seems now that I clearly understand what this dream was about... there is no need to doubt yourself and the choice you make. There is no need to doubt your choice not to follow the way that everyone is following. It may even be useful to look at what everyone is doing and do things differently, do the opposite. Very often in my life, I had to stand on the road of choice, at the fork between doing things like everybody does it, or doing it my own way... I thank my parents for not forced me to go where it seemed right but giving me the freedom to choose. And though often (yes often) such decisions are complex and you have to answer for them with your sweat and blood, but these are decisions that sound in tune with your heart and fill you with life-giving energy.
And that is exactly what will happen with Starc. I want to make the most useful, most convenient, and coolest software for authors, and I will do it. Every day, drop by drop. And I will not do it the way everyone does - they tell me to go to the investors, everyone does it now, and I say that we can do it ourselves; they tell me to do all the software closed, and we will make most of it free and also open the source; Yes, even with fucking buttons they say that no one makes funny inscriptions in the professional software, and we will have them, just because no one does it.
So, friends, stay tuned - we have a long story ahead! :)
P.S. STARC beta version. Inside your mailbox. Tomorrow.
It's time to open up and finally share the news about the new version.
We’ve changed the concept. As I’ve mentioned earlier it will be a new product devoted to not just scripts (though we’ll start with that) but any kind of stories in general. So, we came up with the appropriate name - Story Architect (‘Starc’). We’ve launched a website and social networks (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) so you could subscribe and follow the news.
Although this version is still very early its already a working MVP:
- An unlimited number of stories for your project;
- An unlimited number of scripts within each story;
- Text typing works and as well as saving;
- A very basic scenario navigator;
- Some settings also work.
The most important forthcoming improvements:
- Adding template library;
- Dual dialogues in the script editor;
- Automatic page breakup;
- Undo/Redo the last action in the script editor.
The plans are huge! We’ve published basic milestones on the website and will keep you informed on what’s up via social networks. We’ll try to issue important updates in a timely manner and keep you guys entertained in the meantime.
We are happy to announce the beginning of closed beta testing! If you are willing to be one of the first users and help us test out the app feel free to leave us your e-mail on the website. We will make beta available gradually to be able to process feedback promptly and fix bugs, while continuing to go through the features backlog.
In case you need extra motivation we’ll host a contest after the beta test for those super active users that helped us with the most detailed feedback.
KIT will get a couple more updates fixing some critical errors and adding new localizations. As soon as STARC can functionally replace KIT its further development will be postponed, though the app itself will remain available for installation and use.
Please follow STARC below and sign up for a beta test! See you soon, friends! :)
Here comes the news! I've worked on stability and I'm ready to release the next update of KIT Scenarist 0.7.2 rc9h. It includes the following:
- Improved import of fdx documents
- When importing docx documents, the default text language will be the same as used in the app
- Added a Greek spelling check dictionary
- The functionality of the character drop-down list when working with the script has been slightly improved
- Fixed the problem of undoing the last action, which sometimes resulted in the deletion of the script text
- Fixed a problem when after importing the page fields in the script editor were mislabeled
- Fixed a problem that caused text formatting (bold / cursive / underline) to be reset when changing a color scheme
- Development items will now be deleted by clicking the Delete button instead of Backspace
- Information text has been improved to indicate the occurrence of conflicting versions
- In collaborative mode, when access to the script is open for comment, the co-author is restricted to copy the selected text of the script
- Fixed problems with project synchronization when working with comments and selections
Next on the schedule is the update of the mobile version.
P.S. On Tuesday we will publish the first details about version 2.0 and will open a record of those willing to participate in a closed Beta test.