KIT Scenarist 0.7.2 rc14 is ready.
We've tweaked cloud sync a little more:
- fixed crash when synchronizing lists of locations and characters;
- fixed a problem with synchronization when importing a script and replacing the current one;
- fixed several technical problems when the application was working with cloud files.
We have the next update KIT Scenarist 0.7.2 rc13 ready.
- added Danish and Belarusian translations of the application;
- improved synchronization of changes at the moment when co-authors make edits at the same time in one place in the script;
- fixed the problem with overwriting the logline, synopsis and title page when importing;
- fixed the problem when, when importing text from a DOCX file, part of the text was perceived as an editor's note with black color :)
- now when you reset the application parameters, in addition to the settings, the parameters of the window and panels will also be reset;
- fixed problem with export to DOCX for Hebrew documents;
- fixed crash on double click on script version in backup tool;
- improved text descriptions of error messages when synchronizing changes;
- fixed minor bugs with the names.
P.S. With this update we drop support of Windows XP. It's very hard to support old systems, which aren't maintained for over 10 years.
UPD. Yesterday we posted a slightly clumsy update installer for Windows, which required the removal of the old version of KIT, today we have fixed and updated the installer, which will now do everything as it should be.
KIT Scenarist for Mobile 1.5.0 is out today!
Here’s what’s inside:
- Updated version of the app core (pulled up a lot of fixes from the desktop version over the past year);
- Added the image gallery module;
- Scripts backups have been implemented;
- Possibility to restore a script from a backup copy has been added;
- Temporarily removed the item with the scripts versions from the research module (until the next update when we’ll add full support of this functionality);
- Fixed an issue with selection and scrolling of cards (you may now select them with a single or double tap, and a long tap to move the card to another place on the board);
- Fixed an issue when the names of the characters or locations were erased if they’ve been changed in the development module (now they are correctly updated in the script, too).
We work hard on making KIT Scenarist more stable so please welcome the next release 0.7.2 rc12!
Here's what's inside:
- Added the ability to print out cards in color;
- Fixed an issue with blurred cards for Retina displays;
- Fixed an issue with cards shuffling when a new scene is added after the folder title;
- Fixed an issue with cards randomly disappearing in some cases;
- Fixed an issue with inserting text from the stamp into the tags of additional card colors;
- The ability to lock scene numbers has been moved from the script editor to the general settings of scene numbers in "Research -> Script";
- Fixed an error of script syncing in case of frequent connection failures;
- Improved the script editor’s reaction when co-authors type text at the same time;
- Fixed an issue with undoing the last action, which caused the app to crash;
- Fixed an issue with copying spare information from one scene to another, in case when the content of one block of time and place (for example, location) is being copied into another one;
- Fixed an issue with program being crashed when few paragraphs with folders got to a page break;
- Improved the logic of checking app’s current working folder to avoid working with files from the backup folder;
- Fixed an issue with launching the app after applying the high resolution zoom option in some cases;
- Fixed an issue in the Arabic translation and updated the script’s template;
- Updated the Turkish translation;
- Added spelling dictionary for the Danish language.
The next thing on our agenda is to have the next release of Starc and then update the mobile version, which will include not only the bug fixes but new features too!
Have a nice day you all!
How's the weather? It's cloudy here, though we’re making our cloud better and kinder to users!
So, we are happy to present the release 0.7.2 RC 11 "Cloud edition":
- Synopsis, Logline, and Title Page will now sync automatically in the cloud with no additional efforts or actions;
- Сrash reports sending logic has been improved. And please don`t forget to add the email and a short description of what happened just before the KIT crashed. It will help us find and evaluate your case faster and contact you;
- Sync issue after color highlighting of the last paragraph is no longer an issue
Heeey! Sunny Sunday everyone, friends!
And we have a pre-New Year release - today KIT Scenarist 0.7.2 rc 10 comes out!
And in it:
- fixed the problem of synchronizing cloud projects (and the problem of undoing the last action) when deleting a large block of text;
- the scene creation dialog is slightly expanded (now all explanatory labels will fit);
- fixed the problem with downloading updates on some Mac computers;
- fixed a problem with extra menu items when calling the context menu outside the card;
- the drop-down list with hints for the names of characters and locations will now have twice as many items;
- projects in the folder with backups will now be opened in KIT for reading only, so as not to create a new backup copy and not be confused even more. If you need to continue working with the project from the folder with backup copies, then first of all, you need to copy it to the working folder and then you can work with it in normal mode;
- added the ability to search for text in the synopsis.
So it goes.
Today KIT Scenarist 0.7.2 rc9k update is released!
- the interface for editing the card in the part of the field description has been improved (now it should be a little more clear what is a name, and what is a heading);
- added translation of the program into Galician;
- fixed the problem of renaming cards, which led to the appearance of disorder both in the cards themselves and in the screenplay;
- fixed the problem with the transfer of long titles and endings of folders in the screenplay on page breaks;
- fixed the problem of applying edits from the history of changes, which leads to problems in the cloud service and redo/undo operations;
- improved work of undoing the last action for cutting and pasting data from the clipboard.
And also, our friend, Andrey Alypov, did just the coolest thing - he tuned up the assembly of Linux packages to make everything work well and automate it based on the Open Build Service, so now more packages will be available for different systems and they will work correctly! Hurray and thank you very much!
Well, now you can work more effectively because there are even fewer bugs in the cards! :)