Hey hey, guys!
For a long time, we did not have news about of the rubric #filmedbyusersscreenplays, it's time to fill in the blanks. And the first in line is the Christmas work of Eugene Puzyrevsky, which is called "Mom is always near." If you have not seen on TV, or on the Internet - get ready, it will be sharp!
P.S. And, of course, friends, if new films are shot according to your scripts - share! Send teasers, trailers, shorts and feature films. And, if possible, share scripts, maybe in time we will organize a whole library of scripts and films based on them!
Hey hey! Hi, guys!
It's me again and again with the update!
Before talking about the update, I want to tell you about one change in the naming of the versions of the program. From today, versions of the programs will be divided into two categories:
1. Beta versions
Here everything is the same - they are the latest versions, in which there is a new functionality, but they can contain critical errors.
2. RC versions
This is a replacement for our "stable" versions. RC stands for the release candidate. I decided to do so because to call our versions "stable" is pretty naive. Yes, they fixed the most critical bugs, but still, they are far from stable, they have other, uncritical errors, and maybe even critical ones, which we simply could not find out yet. On the other hand, it also confuses the users themselves, "Well, how can a stable program work unstable, apparently the developer's hands have curves ...". And I really would like to believe that this is not so :)
So today we publish a non-stable version and the version of KIT Scenarist 0.7.1 rc 1. I hope no one confused.
Well, now let's get back to the update itself. It included the following improvements:
• the translation of the program into Portuguese has been added, and all other translations have been updated;
• fixed the problem with the disappearance of the text of the script when switching to full-screen mode;
• fixed a bug where the description of one character could be replaced by another's description;
• fixed a bug related to editing review comments;
• fixed the problem with freezing the interface when starting the program due to the dialogue with the message about the application update;
• slightly improved interface.
At the moment this is the most stable version, so if you still at 0.7.0, then I advise you to upgrade. To find out more about what went into the new version, you can follow these links:
Beta 1 - https://kitscenarist.ru/en/history/2017-02-18.html
Beta 2 - https://kitscenarist.ru/en/history/2017-02-23.html
Beta 3 - https://kitscenarist.ru/en/history/2017-02-26.html
Beta 4 - https://kitscenarist.ru/en/history/2017-03-05.html
Beta 5 - https://kitscenarist.ru/en/history/2017-03-22.html
Beta 6 - https://kitscenarist.ru/en/history/2017-03-25.html
Beta 7 - https://kitscenarist.ru/en/history/2017-04-01.html
And among other things, from today the cloud service move to battle mode. You can also work with cloud service, starting with version 0.7.1.
I express my deep gratitude to all participants of the closed and open testing of the cloud, to all participants of the beta testing of the new possibilities of the program itself, to all participants in discussions at forums, in social networks and personal correspondence. A low bow to you, friends! Thank you!
We released the next beta version of the KIT Scenarist 0.7.1 beta 7.
In this update:
• fixed the problem with crash when closing;
• fixed the problem with deleting research documents;
• improved the mechanism for downloading spelling dictionaries;
• fixed the problem with the inability to select a file to export/import in Mac OS X;
• fixed the problem with closing the dialog for sending the error report in Windows;
• the interface is also slightly improved.
This is the latest beta in the current development branch of the project. I plan to allocate another week or two for testing and moving it into a stable status.
And afterward, I'll work hard on mobile applications! Have a nice weekend, guys!:)
I hasten to inform you that we found a mega bug! Because of it, the texts in the cloud collapsed, the cards on the blackboard disappeared, undo and redo were unworked ... But! With your help, we found problem and it has already been fixed!
To all who put the version of the program, starting from 0.7.0, I recommend installing the update for save the future of your work!
In addition, the sixth beta fixes the problem with the hang of exporting text in Windows.
Thanks, guys! Together we are a force!
Finally, I found some time and prepared next update for you. KIT Scenarist 0.7.1 beta 5 released!
In this update I fix some bugs related to cards module and made some other improvements:
• fixed bug with losing stamp in cards;
• new cards now added not after the last card, but after selected card, or in mouse double position;
• fixed bug with loading dictionaries spell check for Windows and Linux;
• card's titles now printed identically with cards on the screen;
• in research module, after adding a new item, an application will be focused on the added item.
So we are still a few steps closer to the release of the stable version. Once again I want to express my gratitude to all of you! Thank you for participating, friends!
We released KIT Scenarist version 0.7.1 beta 4. It includes the ability to check and install application updates.
Also, we fixed a couple of shortcomings:
• improved algorithm for determining the scenes when importing *.docx-files;
• fixed a problem with the appearance of broken review comment when deleting text;
• we prepared rpm-packages for Linux.
In addition, today we are launching an open test of the cloud service. Anyone who previously registered in the cloud, you will need to change the password. For those who don't have an account, you can create a new one (it can be done directly in the program). Free access to work with the cloud will be open until May 1, 2017. On April 1, 2017, we will plan to transfer cloud service in production mode.
Read more about the cloud service:
• it allows you to store your projects in the cloud and access them directly from the program on all computers without work with any third-party service (in the future projects from the cloud can also be synced to and from the mobile version of the program);
• to projects in the cloud, you can connect the co-authors or editors, for this purposes we prepared two roles for partners: commentator and editor, with appropriate restrictions for editing text or without them;
• you can work with cloud projects both online and offline, all the changes you have made in the absence of the Internet will be synchronized when you reconnect to the Internet;
• in the cloud you have 2 GB of disk space to store own projects;
• when cloud service will work stable, access to it will operate on a subscription. Projects will be deleted from the cloud if you have not activated the subscription within 30 days from the date of its completion. During this time, (and indeed at any time), you can save a local copy of every project from the cloud.
And finally, an introductory video on how to work with the cloud service in the program:
Enjoy watching and have a nice day!:)
And here is the next beta version KIT Scenarist 0.7.1 beta 3 is published!
It added another useful feature - group cards.
What do you need to do for this?
1. Add a new card to the act, which will group the other cards.
2. Call context menu of this card and select the item "Convert to folder"
3. Drag and drop your cards into the group.
And other bugs was fixed, namely:
• fixed a problem with re-editing the description of the scene in the cards;
• now the mindmaps scene will be exactly the size as you need for the scheme.
Perhaps this will be the last innovation in the current version. Next only to debug and polish the current functionality. But this does not mean that we'll stop development - no! I still have a lot of ideas on how we can improve the work with the cards, but see it in the following episode! Stay with us!;)